CIDTV - a Caller-ID Log viewer for Tivo
By David J. Lauria
contact djl on DDB, djl25 on
TCF or email
latest version can always be found at http://davidlauria.com/software
This script supplies onscreen Caller-ID information. It requires either elseed or NCID
and is most useful to those that have
running, as they can assign a key on their remote to have instant access to
their call information. It will output to out2osd (if it's on the path) or
cidtv is an adaptation of my cidrss program, but it does NOT require Tivoweb.
- Sorts records to newest first
- Lets you specify number of records
- Three different phone number formats:
(123)456-7890; 123-456-7890; 123.456.7890
- Will fix all-caps
- Will reverse order of names (Last First -> First Last or Last First M -> First M. Last)
- Can download log file from remote Tivo
- prog - ncid or elseed. Defaults to ncid.
- log - location of log file. Defaults to
"/var/log/cidcall.log". If your call log resides on another
Tivo, prefix the name with 'ftp://', ie: 'ftp://192.168.1.20/var/log/cidcall.log'.
- tz - location of tzoffset.txt, a file used by
mfs_ftp. Usually not necessary, but certain versions of elseed need
the time zone to properly display call time. Defaults to "/hacks/mfs_ftp/tzoffset.txt".
- count - number of records to display (5)
- delay - time, in seconds, to appear onscreen
- fix_case - Correctly capitalizes names,
standardizes state abbreviations, fixes order of 'the', 'Dr', etc
- last_1st - reverse order of proper names.
Phone companies are not at all uniform about how they send cid information
so if all your names look backwards, change last_1st to "no".
- pf - phone format (see file for details)
Installation and usage:
Change any of the above options in cidtv.tcl, then copy it to your hacks folder.
'Count' and 'delay' can be specified on the command line, so running the script
with './cidtv.tcl 3 15' would show the three most recent calls onscreen for
fifteen seconds. If you would like the script to be a little faster and
don't mind giving up some formatting, change 'last_1st' and 'fix_case' to "no".
Version 1.1.02 (01/09)
- added support for out2osd
Version 1.1.01 (01/09)
- added ftp support
- Speed improvement if 'fix_case' turned off
Version 1.1.00 (01/09)
- now uses 'tail' command for speed and smaller
code. This requires that busybox or tivotools be installed
- text2osd used for display. Much greater
range of compatibility than the orphaned newtext2osd that was previously supported
- better onscreen formatting makes use of
text2osd much more readable
- based on updated cidrss code (v5)
- phone number formatting strings added (date
formats available, if desired, in cidrss)
- command line available to override switches
Version 1.0.01 (10/07)
- added code to remove temp file when done
- if no log file found, message appears on TV
- extended lines to end of screen, even if blank
Version 1.0.00 (10/07)
- initial release