- an onscreen display frontend for TivoWebPlus 2.1+
v2.0.01 (5/10) © David J. Lauria 2008-10
This script sends text messages to your TV, using either the built-in text2osd program, out2osd (which comes with the ncid caller-id utility), or the older newtext2osd. This program is free software and is bundled with TivoWebPlus 2.1. If you find it useful, In lieu of a donation please go to http://RejoiceTonight.com and consider downloading a song or two by the author's musical group!
Copy it to your TivoWebPlus modules directory and do a quick reload. It should work with all Tivos using the installed text2osd program, but for better output you're better off installing out2osd or text2osd.
- fixed small bug where wrong default osd program was chosen if text2osd was the only option
- rewrote blink function. It now backgrounds, so you don’t have to tie up your browser
- added a “Clear Screen” button, which should only appear if something is already being displayed
- newtext2osd support added
- Screen layout changed so there's less chance of accidentally saving defaults when you meant to 'Send to TV'
- added left and right justify
- added blink
- Checkboxes, again. Should now allow values to be changed for the current session without having to save defaults first.
- Some simplifications were made to the code. The module no longer auto-switches between programs if the defaults chosen by the user aren't available (ie, scaling the "Standard" font in out2osd).
- Fixed more checkbox persistence
- Removed background color option for series 1/text2osd in order to do away with the ugly screen-covering box
- Cleaned up code to let out2osd run from its default location, even if it hasn't been added to the path explicitly
- bug fixed where returns in text would multiply when "Save these defaults" was used on some browsers
- Now sets FONT_PATH automatically for out2osd, even if not set in environment
- There is no "clear" color for text2osd. This is now indicated.
- out2osd now backgrounds
- bookmark text in page title
- "Save these defaults" now auto-loads page
- Multiple bug fixes:
- Rearranged layout to make keyboard entry easier
- Added checks for negative x/y values
- Removed "use text2osd" registration and replaced with a checkbox for out2osd
- Now sets focus to text area automatically
- Initial release